Back to Top
Business and Financial Policies and Procedures

12.3.5 Transfer Non-Sponsored Equipment to Another University

Before You Begin

Equipment purchased from gift, state appropriations, or University self-supporting funds may be transferred to another university or non-profit institution with the approval of the unit head, college dean, the receiving institution, and University Property Accounting and Reporting (UPAR).

Do not move any equipment until all these steps and approvals have been completed.


To transfer equipment to another university or non-profit institution:

  1. Consult Banner Fixed Assets to confirm that your unit is on record as the responsible organization for the equipment to be transferred and that it is titled to the state of Illinois.
  2. Contact UPAR at Enter "Transfer Non-Sponsored Equipment to Another University" in the subject line in the email. UPAR will work with you to process the transfer.

Related Policies and Procedures

12.3.4 Transfer Sponsored Equipment to Another University
12.3.6 Loan Equipment to Another Institution
12.4.5 Remove Data from Electronic Devices

Additional Resources

FABweb Transfers and Disposals Participant Guide

Last Updated: June 1, 2011 | Approved: Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance | Effective: June 2011

Give us feedback about this page Submit Feedback