Watch these How-To videos for iTravel. (For Full Screen mode, please click the square brackets lower right corner.)
iTravel Resource Page
Full Service Travel Agency
The Office of Business and Financial Services (OBFS) has contracted with Corporate Travel Planners (CTP) to provide a robust online travel booking tool and full-service travel agency for all University business travel. CTP is one of the top travel management companies in the industry. Employees have the option of working directly with an experienced travel agent or accessing iTravel which is backed by the software that powers the industry's most comprehensive and innovative online corporate travel booking tool. In addition, departments may book a single group trip which exceeds the bid limit, currently $80,000.00, without a competitive bid or Request for Proposal (RFP).
Note: The iTravel online booking fee for a domestic airline ticket is only $5.00 for a major carrier such as American, Delta, or United, or $9.00 for a direct connect carrier such as Southwest, Frontier, or Jet Blue. There are no booking fees for hotel and/or car rental reservations.
Please refer to CTP's Agency Fees for a list of all agency service fees.
iTravel Online Booking Tool
First-time users to CTP's online booking tool (iTravel) will be asked to register using their University email address as their login and to complete a profile prior to searching for travel services. Employees have the opportunity to add frequent traveler numbers, seating preferences, passport information, etc., to their individual profile. This information will automatically populate into reservations booked online and be accessible to the travel agents to assist them in providing better service to University travelers. The following job aids will assist you with using the iTravel system.
Benefits of iTravel and Corporate Travel Planners
University Contracted Travel Agency:
- Provides one-stop travel shopping and easy access to University travel policies including allowable lodging maximums.
- Provides easy access to discounts offered by:
- Provides agent assistance with "waivers and favors" to include clearing of special seats, often at no cost, voiding non-refundable tickets within 24 hours of issuance, and frequent flier upgrades.
- Provides access to 80,000 discounted hotel rooms negotiated by CTP. Many include either Wi-Fi or breakfast.
- Maintains profiles for individual travelers listing the traveler's preferences for seats, hotel and car rental, corporate discount numbers, and frequent travel program numbers.
- Continually monitors traveler itineraries for rate reductions on purchased airfare and reserved hotel rooms. Will reissue an airline ticket with department approval and store the airline credit voucher in the employee's profile for future use. Will rebook hotel room reservation at lower rate.
- Tracks unused airline tickets, automatically updates traveler profiles with the unused ticket information and alerts travelers of the unused ticket(s) when making future airline reservations.
- Takes every reasonable step to transfer unused non-refundable tickets issued to non-University employees into airline vouchers for the University.
- Informs travelers of visa, passport and health requirements for international travel and provides application forms or assistance as needed. In emergency situations, assistance will also be provided to obtain a new or renewal passport.
- Provides travelers with a 24 hour, worldwide emergency reservation system that assists with protection against airline cancellations, hotel overbooking, and assistance in emergency situations such as illness, security threats, thefts, etc.
Cancelling Trips / Redeeming Unused Airline Tickets
When an employee purchases an airline ticket for University business travel from Corporate Travel Planners and the trip has to be cancelled, please cancel the reservation prior to departure. If the reservation is cancelled prior to departure and the purchased airline ticket is non-refundable, it will be held in the employee's profile and can be applied as a credit for future University business travel. If the airline ticket it refundable, a credit will be applied to the card used to purchase the ticket.
Last Updated: September 8, 2016