Back to Top
Payroll & Benefits

Employee Address Change

When employees change their home/permanent, mailing, or on campus office address, it is extremely important that they make the appropriate change of address in My UI Info so that University Payroll & Benefits (UPB) and other administrative units have the correct addresses on file for them. These addresses are used for many different types of mailings not just payroll information. These addresses are used by vendors to mail insurance cards and other important benefits information, by University Payables to mail reimbursements, campus mail to direct mail from other university units, and by UPB to mail the year-end statement of wages Form W-2, Form 1042-S, and Form 1095-C.

Currently, all Forms W-2, 1042-S. and 1095-C will be mailed to the "mailing address" listed on the employee's My Profile in My UI Info. If the employee does not have an active mailing address, the form will be sent to the employee's home/permanent address.

Address changes for current employees are made electronically via My UI Info (by the employee - see instructions below) or directly in Banner by the employee's department. If the employee requests that the department make the change via Banner, this change must be submitted and approved by the department or college and then completed by Human Resources.

Address changes for terminated employees are completed by UPB after receipt of a written request from the employee. Terminated employees who have not received their final Form W-2 should make sure that UPB has their correct mailing address. If UPB does not have the correct address the Form W-2 will be returned to the University. The postal service will not forward W-2s.

How to Review/Change an Address in My UI Info

To review and/or change an address directly in My UI Info, follow the steps below: 

  1. Go to My UI Info.
  2. Click on the My Profile link.
  3. Click on the Access My Profile green button.
  4. Log in using your NetID and password. (Remember, you will be prompted to use 2-Factor Authentication)
  5. Once in the Selection Screen, in the Address/Contact Information section click on the Edit button.
  6. Review, Edit and Submit the address(s) listed for the Address Type you need to change (for example, review if the Mailing Address is the correct address to receive your Form W-2 or Form 1042-S):
  7. If this is the correct address, click Back to return to the previous screen and then select the Log Out button.

Any questions regarding address changes you should contact University Payroll & Benefits at the University Payroll & Benefits Service Portal.

Select your university to create a service ticket and access support knowledge.

UIC         UIS        UIUC

Phone Support Lines:

UIUC: 217-265-6363

UIC: 312-996-7200

UIS: 217-206-7144

Last Updated: November 10, 2021


Give us feedback about this page Submit Feedback