Back to Top
University Contract Records Office

University Contract Records Office Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I request a copy of a contract?

A. To request a copy of a contract, please email us at or call us at 217-333-4638.

Q. Who are UCRO customers?

A. UCRO provides services University of Illinois System-wide.

Q. What is the difference between services provided by UCRO, Contract Services Office (CSO), Office of Business Development Services (OBDS), and Purchasing Offices?

A. UCRO assists with any requests relating to contracts that have been signed by all parties in other words, contracts that are in a fully executed status.

Q. What is a typical UCRO request?

A. We typically receive requests to update properties such as the contracting party name, start and end dates, execution dates, title etc. or to reversion a contract which is to replace the contract in our system with a new version of the contract.

Q. What does UCRO mean by fully executed?

A. Once all parties to the contract have signed on the signature lines on the contract. These signatures are the university signature and the other party's signature.

Q. How do I know my contracts are secure?

A. The Illinois Contract System (iCS) allows units who have access to the database search for any contracts in their chart and organization code. This feature does not allow any other units to read their contracts, however the contract can be seen in the search results. Additionally, if a unit has unique requirements or restrictions, please contact us at or at 217-333-4638 to request.

Q. Where do I go for help with the Illinois Contract System (iCS)?

A.  If a unit has any questions about the Illinois Contract System, please visit the iCS resource page.

Q. What should I do if I receive a request for a contract from someone outside the University of Illinois System?

A.  Requests should be forwarded immediately to the Office of the University Relations to be processed as a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. The contact information for the Office for University Relations is Thomas Hardy at or the request can be faxed to 217-333-6400.

Last Updated: July 26, 2018

Give us feedback about this page Submit Feedback