Business Manager Groups
UIC Business Managers
The UIC Business Manager's Group is sponsored by the Executive Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance and the Vice Provost for Resource Planning and Management.
The purposes of the UIC Business Managers Group are:
- To facilitate communication and understanding of various changes to policies and procedures impacting UIC units and departments
- Provide access to valuable training, tips and tools
- Address and understand issues of concern to Business Managers about UIC campus policies, procedures and other matters
The UIC Business Manager's Group intranet is at: https://intranet.uillinois.edu/sites/bmg/. Please note: Access is limited to specific employees. If you already have access, depending on which domain account do you currently have, you will need to log in as follows:
- Employees on the UOFI domain (most UA employees), will need to use this format for their username: UOFI\username, for example: UOFI\tgarn5. The password is your desktop password.
- Employees on the AD domain (most UIC employees outside UA network), will need to use this format for their username: AD\username, for example: AD\mgran7. The password is your desktop password.
UIC Reporting Subcommittee
The mission of the OBFS UIC Reporting Subcommittee is to understand the reporting needs of the UIC campus and work to fill those needs in various ways. Examples include providing input to other development projects, building new reports when appropriate, and promoting existing reports and resources. This link contains a guide to reports developed or recommended by the Subcommittee as well as links to reporting resources and information about the subcommittee itself. Use your UIC NetID and password to log in.
UIS Business Managers
The UIS Business Managers Group is sponsored by the Director of UIS Business Services and gathers approximately 6 times during the year. These meetings are to inform employees with business and finance responsibilities about new business policies or programs that are in the planning stage, as well as to answer questions and solicit comments about current OBFS processes. It is important that all UIS employees who interface with any OBFS business function become a part of this group. To be added to the group's email distribution list, contact Cheryl Churchill at 217-206-6700 or email@example.com.
Business Managers' Group (BMG) at the Urbana-Champaign Campus
The BMG is an independent, volunteer led group that operates by committees. The BMG business professionals gather monthly to exchange ideas, receive updates from OBFS and other organizations, and network with their peers. For more information, or to request a membership application, visit the BMG website.
New to Business and Finance Responsibilities?
Visit the Orientation for New Business and Finance Employees site. This website will give you a sense of the complexity of the fiscal operations at the University, the various roles and responsibilities of departmental business and finance office employees, and the support offered by the Office of Business and Financial Services (OBFS).
Last Updated: December 21, 2016