Back to Top
Business and Financial Policies and Procedures

10.6.4 Change the Amount of a Change Fund

Policy Statement

The fund custodian can increase or decrease the amount of a Change Fund.


To change the amount of a Change Fund:

  1. Submit the Increase Fund Amount or Decrease Fund Amount form. Submitting the form automatically generates an email to the unit head, supervisor, or delegate who must reply indicating whether they approve the increase or decrease of the Change Fund.
  2. If the fund is being increased, University Bursar Cashier Operations reviews the online request and notifies the custodian when the request is approved and the funds can be picked up.
  3. If the fund is being decreased, return excess funds to your University Bursar Cashier Operations and retain the receipt for your unit’s records.

Forms Used in this Procedure

Increase Fund Amount
Decrease Fund Amount

Additional Resources

University Bursar Change Funds
Change Fund Training
University Bursar office locations and hours:

Last Updated: June 19, 2020 | Approved: Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance | Effective: February 2008

Give us feedback about this page Submit Feedback