FA 101: Introduction to Property Accounting
Office of Business and Financial Services - University Property Accounting and Reporting
There are four important fixed asset reports available in EDDIE:
- The Monthly Activity by Chart and Organization Report allows departments to create their own list of additions, updates, disposals, and transfers each month to use when reconciling monthly inventory changes with Banner.
- The Fixed Asset by Organization Report allows departments to create an inventory list by Chart and Organization codes for the following tasks:
- Completing biennial physical inventory.
- Analyzing equipment holdings for possible transfer or replacement.
- Locating and verifying items in their custody.
- Other department-specific uses.
- The Location Report can help you search for the correct Location code to use when updating a fixed asset record in FABweb, or to locate items during the biennial physical inventory process. Location codes are discussed in detail in Topic 3.3.
- The Commodity Search allows you to search for commodity codes by code number or description. Commodity codes are discussed in detail in Topic 3.4.
Contact your Unit Security Contact (USC) for access to these reports if needed.