Accounts Receivable (AR) Operations
- Ensure timely and accurate billing of all student (SAR) and general (GAR) accounts receivable.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all AR payments.
- Process Third Party Billing for sponsored students.
- Process College Illinois! and other pre-paid tuition plans for plan holders.
- Process departmental payments submitted on the Student Account Payment Request Form .
- Process Detail Code Requests .
- Process GAR New Account Create Requests .
- Perform IRS Form 1098-T reporting for all qualifying students.
- Provide training and support to all users of Banner AR.
- Monitor the integrity of all receivable transactions posted in Banner AR.
- Reconcile control funds related to Banner student and general accounts receivable, e.g., student account refunds, mail remittance, Lockbox & ACH, unredeemed checks.
- Review, manage and reconcile campus-based student loan funds.
- Calculate, process and adjust annual departmental allowances for uncollectible receivable accounts.
- Calculate and charge expense to departments for collection agency commission payments.
- Process USFSCO Lockbox and electronic remittances.
- Process all unredeemed checks paid to University of Illinois.
- Deposit and record SAR and GAR payments submitted in person.
- Process departmental deposits.
- Administer departmental Petty Cash and Change funds.
- Fulfill departmental Change Order Requests.
- Provide training for and monitor departmental compliance with OBFS Cash Handling policies and procedures.
- Process Registered Student Organization (RSO) deposits.
- Print and disburse University Accounts Payable checks.
- Disburse approved Short Term Emergency Student Loans.
- Develop and administer University cash handling policies and approve unit cash handling procedures.
- Process Mail Remittances.
- Assist USFSCO customers with all billing and payment related questions, problems or disputes.
- Manage and maintain USFSCO’s Student Account Payment Plans.
- Host new student and parent USFSCO Orientation Webinars and Open Houses.
- Manage and maintain USFSCO’s electronic billing, payment and authorized payer functionality.
Student Loans and Collections
- Manage the promissory note process for campus based student loans.
- Manage the mandatory loan counseling program (Financial Counselor) for campus based student loans.
- Manage collection of the University’s delinquent accounts receivable and campus based student loan portfolios.
- Process bankruptcy notices received from or on behalf of University debtors.
Student Money Management Center
- Provide financial education tools to support students in fulfilling their financial responsibilities while in school and beyond.
- Maintain an online financial educational website (http://studentmoney.uillinois.edu ).
- Provide peer-to-peer and group financial educational sessions for students.
Unit Head: Judith Flink, Executive Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Unit Structure: USFSCO Org Chart
Contact Information: Who To Ask
Web Pages: University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations | USFSCO Home page | USFSCO Petty Cash and Change Funds
Policies & Procedures: Section 5: Receivables | Section 10: Cash Handling
Training: Accounts Receivable Training Materials | Petty Cash Training