The links below provide detailed information about:
University employees receive discounted rates on rental vehicles from National Car Rental and Enterprise Rent-A-Car with Damage Waiver coverage included.
- For identification purposes, carry your University ID card, driver's license, and the credit card you will use for the car rental payment.
- University T-Cards in the name of the employee responsible for picking up and driving the rental vehicle are permitted.
- Due to insurance liability, University units cannot rent vehicles on behalf of employees or guests in the name of the University with a T-card or purchase order.
- Rental vehicle receipts must be attached to the TEM Expense Report.
National Car Rental
Use the U of I customized link found in Helpful Links to receive an additional $2.00 per day discount on all U.S. rentals.
- This link applies the U of I corporate ID number, XZ62053, to every reservation.
- Enroll in National’s Emerald Club program (fee waived) for expedited service.
- Phone number for reservations is 800-227-7368.
- For details on the agreement, see the National Car Rental Information page.
For University employees and guests arriving on a late night flight into Willard airport, National will provide car rental service when the arriving passenger’s airline and flight information is entered into the reservation.
- Sunday through Friday (National closes at 10 pm)
- National will stay open for passengers arriving on delayed or late arrival flights.
- Saturday (National closes at 5 pm)
- For Saturday arrivals only, please contact Amy or Gail at 217-359-5259 to make arrangements for the passenger to pick up his/her rental car.
To utilize the discount program on-line, go to Enterprise web site, choose “Business Rentals” from the menu bar then “make a reservation”.
- The U of I corporate ID number is XZ62053.
- For online reservations, the U of I PIN is “UNI”.
- The phone number for reservations is 1-800-325-8007.
- For details on the agreement, se the Enterprise Rent-A-Car Information Page.
Optional Damage Waiver (DW)
When renting a car, do not accept the Optional Damage Waiver (LDW or CDW) unless you are renting a car in a foreign country while on University business. For travel within the United States, when the U of I corporate ID number is used, the optional Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) is included in the negotiated agreement with National Car Rental and the optional Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) is included in the agreement with Enterprise. No other car rental company offers this waiver. This charge is not reimbursable as a travel expense except when renting a car in a foreign country while on University business.
For further information on automobile insurance and liability refer to Section 6 - Insurance and Section 15 - Travel of the Business and Financial Policies and Procedures manual.
What to Do in Case of an Accident
In case of an accident:
- Report the accident to local law enforcement while still at the scene, to the car rental company, to your immediate supervisor, and to campus motor pool (Urbana, Springfield) or Transportation Office (Chicago). For further information refer to Section 15 -Travel, Report an Accident Involving a Commercial Rental Vehicle, under of the Business and Financial Policies and Procedures manual.
- If the driver damages a vehicle rented from National Car Rental or Enterprise Rent-A-Car using the University’s corporate discount ID number XZ62053, the Damage Waiver (LDW or CDW), which is included as a part of our agreement, will respond to the claim.
- If the driver damages a car rented from a supplier other than National Car Rental or Enterprise Rent-A-Car, the State of Illinois Auto Liability Plan will respond as long as the driver was in travel status and performing employment-related duties at the time of the accident.
Liability for damage/injury to others:
The rental car company's liability limits will be primary. The State of Illinois Auto Liability Plan limits will be secondary, subject to policy limits. Should these combined limits be inadequate, the owner's own personal auto limits should respond.
For additional assistance, please contact the UPAY Travel Management Office at 888-871-2835 or 217-244-8785 or e-mail email@example.com.Last Updated: February 14, 2014