The University Vice President/Comptroller has delegated authority to the Senior Assistant Vice President for Treasury Operations to define responsibilities for merchant card services. The Senior Assistant Vice President for Treasury Operations has further delegated responsibility to the Senior Director of Treasury Operations who has delegated responsibility to the Director of Merchant Card Services who has the responsibility and authority to:
- Develop and issue operating policies and procedures for handling merchant card services
- Provide general supervision of merchant card operations
- Develop and maintain processes and systems
- Enforce compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for credit/debit card security
- Investigate breaches involving cardholder information and recommend disciplinary action
Units authorized to accept credit/debit card payments are responsible for:
- Developing internal policies and procedures for complying with any applicable federal or state laws and University regulations
- Meeting accounting requirements regarding merchant card services
- Exercising reasonable care in screening charge transactions to reduce credit card misuse and loss of funds.
Employees are responsible for keeping all cardholder information secure.
Last Updated: April 13, 2012 | Approved: Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance - November 2008