The President delegates authority to the Vice President/Chief Financial Officer and Comptroller to be the general business officer of the University and be responsible for the business financial functions of the campuses of the University.
The Senior Assistant Vice President for Treasury Operations has been delegated the authority to develop, install and oversee identity management and token-based services operations.
The Senior Assistant Vice President for Treasury Operations has delegated the authority and responsibility for identity management and token-based services to the Director of i-card Programs. The director’s charge is to develop, oversee, and implement the protocols, operations and systems needed to accomplish the following:
- Uniquely and permanently identify each person or entity who needs a University Identification Number (UIN) and electronic record in any University of Illinois system
- Manage and oversee the provision of UINs
- Oversee the provision of identification cards, key fobs, and other physical tokens used for identification and authorization for all University locations
- Provide card-based services
- Provide secure institutional identity, cardholder and token data to support token-based services for units that provide token-based services
i-card Programs is the authoritative source for institutional identity data. Institutional identity is the official University personally identifying information. Institutional identity data consists of UIN, last name, first name, middle name, name suffix and prefix, date of birth, and gender.
Employees and consultants are responsible for handing UINs properly. Proper Use of UINs
Last Updated: October 21, 2011 | Approved: Senior Associate Vice President for Business and Finance - January 2002